Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos

hi im new

Last post 10-21-2005, 1:56 AM by Stellaria. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-07-2005, 3:42 PM 5796

    hi im new

    hi im new i recently ordered a sling for my daughter she was born on the 2nd of oct, i wish i knew about sling when i had my son, he is 14 months old now, i was wondering how long you can still use sling for your baby?
  •  10-07-2005, 4:06 PM 5797 in reply to 5796

    Re: hi im new

    Welcome to the wonderful world of baby carriers. I still carry my almost 4 year on occasion. I mainly carry my 20mo. On a typical day, I use a ring sling when I cook or clean. I use a wrap when running big errands, and a mei tai for short errands. I only use a pouch once in a while for a short trip or if I feel I haven't used my hotslings in a while. I would hate to leave an carrier out for too long.
    Beth
    mom to Hannah "98, Anders "01, and Haakon "01
  •  10-07-2005, 4:42 PM 5802 in reply to 5796

    Re: hi im new

    Congrats on your new addition! I , too wish,  I had carriers for my other children but I found BWing for my youngest at 3 or 4 months old and have worn him daily since then. He is by far- our most easy going baby!  

    I used our Freehand Mei Tai for my 6 yr old this past summer and I have seen on the Kozy website that a Kozy carrier can hold a full size adult! I would not use a sling or a pouch past 40 lb. It would be painful after a short time-- at least for me, BUT, after that weight I would grab a wrap or other 2 shoulder carrier till my children get tired of being worn.

    HTH

  •  10-21-2005, 1:56 AM 6179 in reply to 5796

    Re: hi im new

    I'd say about 35lbs is what you could comfortably carry in a sling - traditional carriers truly are all-purpose!  I love them so much!

    Don't be afraid to experiment if what you have doesn't seem to be working for you.  I had a sling I didn't like when my oldest daughter was born, and had to find one I liked better.  Did a bit with the pouch with my younger daughter, but mostly used a ring sling of my own design for her and my younger son.  But with the newest baby, I discovered wraps and MT's and I don't think I'll go back to one-shouldered carriers anytime soon!

    The nice thing about a sling, though, is that it's VERY easy to learn how to use.  There's no wrapping or tying involved - just throw it over your shoulder and pop the baby in!  Makes errand-running a breeze Big Smile [:D]


    Stell - mama of 5 (for now)
View as RSS news feed in XML