Home Shop Forums Gallery Blogs Files

Is anybody homeschooling?

Last post 10-21-2005, 1:41 AM by Stellaria. 4 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  04-26-2005, 12:40 PM

    • Tambola is not online. Last active: 08-11-2005, 4:01 PM Tambola
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-23-2005
    • Ohio...is it STILL winter?
    • Posts 79
    • Points 2,035

    Is anybody homeschooling?

    I know I can check other forums for fellow HS'ers but I'm curious if any are HERE! Big Smile [:D]

    Tammi


    Baby boy, Travis
  •  05-18-2005, 9:05 AM

    Re: Is anybody homeschooling?

    I will be soon! I did for the preschool years with myoldest, but he refused to try to read or write and with a budding business I just threw my hands in the air and sent him PS for K...... BUT it just reinforced why I wanted to HS to begin with and he will not be going back, he learned alot and it helped him survive the last year, but I am sticking with it now and he will be hs! Hs last week of PS is this week.

     

    kaire


    Kaire
  •  06-20-2005, 1:00 AM

    Re: Is anybody homeschooling?

    I HS my 7 yo daughter. It is the best decision I have ever made! 



    Christine
    BWing, CDing, HSing, AP momma to my 2 girls:
    Mikayla (5/98) and Rachel (3/05)
  •  08-15-2005, 10:45 PM

    Re: Is anybody homeschooling?

    We homeschool...will be starting kindergarden if you will with ds..but I feel like we HS all year round anyway...lol..
    Blessings,
    Traci
    "Attachment Parenting is like immunizing your child against emotional disease later on." Dr Sears
  •  10-21-2005, 1:41 AM

    Re: Is anybody homeschooling?

    We unschool at our house - well, all except my oldest, who is 13 and decided he'd like to go to school this year.  So he's in a small charter school in a 4/5/6 grade classroom of 11 students and doing well. 

    My girls and next-youngest son just go about their day, learning what they will.  My 9yo is a voracious reader who takes daily trips to the library.  She also loves working on math workbooks, and is working on her writing now that she's seen how much writing Ian suddenly had to do once he started school (she wants to go to school next year, since we told her she could when she's 10 if she wants).  My 6yo does nothing but draw, scuplt, and create all day.  Literally.  She's on a jewelry kick right now.  Then my 3yo just tries to keep up with everyone - he's known all of his pre-K stuff since he was about 20 months old.  He just doesn't know his colors because he's colorblind.

    I've found that the less I *teach* them, the more they actually want to learn.  I like that arrangement, personally!


    Stell - mama of 5 (for now)
View as RSS news feed in XML