Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos

Healthy cooking?

Last post 11 hours, 39 minutes ago by jadesopals. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-25-2006, 2:20 PM 10564 in reply to 10548

    Re: Healthy cooking?

    Yes, some kid friendly meal would be great. I am sick of cooking 2 seperate meals. One for myself and or dh and one for the kids.
    Beth
  •  01-26-2006, 6:53 PM 10682 in reply to 10548

    Re: Healthy cooking?

    We eat a lot of beans and rice. We really like black beans. Brown rice. If you want a super yummy dose of protien add a fried egg to the top. Add your fav toppings. Salsa, sour cream/yogurt, cheese. Really great with brocolli.

    Cook beans and rice in big batches, divide up into meals and freeze.

    I also am part of a community kitchen and we meet once a month and make huge batches of meals, divide and freeze. It's a great way to have ready made meals that are healthy and cheap. If you can get organized it's worth it!

  •  02-03-2006, 12:15 PM 11368 in reply to 10564

    Re: Healthy cooking?

    OMG I just had to share-- I made this incredible meal the other night and it was so easy (only pots :) ) Here is a link to the recipe http://www.recipezaar.com/111591 I used a ham steak (not leftover ham) and I added some pork seasoning to the ham. I might try cooking the noodles in chicken broth to give them extra flavor( some "zing") next time. BUT it was fine the way the poster has it-- so yummy and easy!

    The kids were not all the crazy about as all the ingredients were mixed together BUT they did pick out what they wanted to eat and left the rest on their plates-- they did not go away hungry.  IT was so good that DH (2 hrs later!!!!!)  heated up the leftovers and ate the rest for lunch the next day and DH is not a leftover eater! AND he keeps going on and on about how goood it was, blah blah, blah-- as if I have never cooked before! Also, when I scanning over the rest of the posters other recipes they all sounded like something that I normally keep in my pantry and foods that my family will eat!

  •  11 hours, 39 minutes ago 11777 in reply to 11368

    Re: Healthy cooking?

    my girls love zuccine and here is an easy zuccine casserole

    4 lg size zuccines slicd thin like i use the box grater side that is one slice

    2 cloves of garlic mashed and minced

    salt and pepper to your liking

    one pint of riccota cheese

    1 cup parm grated

    1 cup assiago cheese  i get it in the cheese section of henrys or sprouts

     1/4 cup of milk and 2 lg eggs

    mix all in a bowl place in a lg casserol dish then  add a cup of bread crumbs i like to get the bagel chips and crush them for the topping and then put over that a half cup of grated parm put in the oven for 40 mins at 375 and waah lahh you have a nice dinner or side dish

     


    Jade sahm gypsie momma to sophia divina (1 mo) olivia ani (2YRS) philisha nyjan(6 YRS)
Page 2 of 2 (19 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML