Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos

Dyed Wraps

Last post 02-05-2006, 10:27 AM by tikidoc. 15 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (16 items)   < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-05-2006, 10:27 AM 11458 in reply to 10125

    Re: Dyed Wraps

    OK, so I finally went ahead and dyed a wrap.  I got some cotton hemp jersey blend, hemmed it, and dyed it using Dharma trading dyes in the red wine color.  It turned out really nice.  I did it in a plastic tub rather than the washing machine, since you have to use so much more dye in the washing machine, and we have a septic tank and I want to minimize how much non-organic matter goes in there.  Will try again later this week with the rest of the jersey (had enough for 2 wraps).

     

    I also have a red nesthacken that I want to use the color remover then redye, but you need to boil this stuff in like 2 gallons of water/pound of fabric (it's about 1 3/4#). We only have one pot big enough for this (a huge and not-cheap stainless pot we use to make beer), and I want some reassurance that the chemicals will not harm the pot or make it unsafe for food in the future.  Does anyone know?  Will try calling Dharma next week.  It is not worth ruining the pot to change the color of this wrap.

     

    Jess

Page 2 of 2 (16 items)   < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML