|
|
Plastic Surgery?
Last post 01-31-2006, 3:46 PM by cmmrk1974. 36 replies.
-
01-23-2006, 10:55 AM |
-
Sugarloves
-
-
-
Joined on 08-29-2005
-
Abu Dhabi, UAE
-
Posts 12
-
Points 297
-
|
I am ALL OVER it and I say GO FOR IT, GIRL! :)
I have been thinking of it for ages (will have "the works" when I'm sure I'm done having kiddos)...and even without me mentioning it, my ob/gyn grabbed some skin and said, "I'm going to fix this!" LOL!!!! :) After my next one, me be pretty! Tee hee! :)
Lori :) SAHM to Abdalla (5) & Nora (2) :)
|
|
-
01-23-2006, 11:08 AM |
-
01-23-2006, 12:30 PM |
-
gool0005
-
-

-
Joined on 08-20-2005
-
Goose Creek, South Carolina
-
Posts 83
-
Points 1,169
-
|
You aren't getting a nose job out of vanity, you want a nose job to fix damage that was done by the breaks. I don't see anything regarding your situation that would, or should, cause worry to your daughter about body image. If it was your arm that was broken, you would have put it in a cast to fix it, well, same thing with the nose (kinda).
Personally, I have had too many emergency surgeries to want to elect to have any sort of surgery. I have always had bad reactions to the drugs they give you to knock you out so I reserve that for emergeny use only ![Wink [;)]](../../../emoticons/emotion-5.gif)
I do want to get laser hair removal though because I was "blessed" with a furry face and each year, the hair gets darker, coarser, and more of them pop up. It will soon get to the point where it will be unmanageable to maintain by mere tweezers alone (wax and bleach don't work on me). It's complete vanity and I know it ![Stick out tongue [:P]](../../../emoticons/emotion-4.gif)
Kelly, who could be in a ZZ Top cover band if I didn't have my tweezers ![Ick! [+o(]](../../../emoticons/emotion-41.gif)
|
|
-
01-23-2006, 1:37 PM |
-
hapahaolegirl
-
-
-
Joined on 06-30-2005
-
-
Posts 58
-
Points 928
-
|
My sister swears by laser hair removal. She's so happy she got it done! Her mentality is, "If you don't like it, fix it!"
She was offered a package which would have been cheaper. But she just went with the pay as you go plan. Which ended up being cheaper then the package anyway since she only needed four treatments instead of the six that the package came with. However the package also included maintenance which means if a hair popped back up you could get it zapped with no extra charge!
|
|
-
01-23-2006, 2:10 PM |
-
drmomof2boys
-
-
-
Joined on 05-18-2005
-
Mountain View, CA
-
Posts 262
-
Points 3,635
-
|
Until I started spending all my fun money on carriers (which I don't
regret at all!), I was saving up for laser hair removal (pits and
bikini area). I'd researched the dermatologists and
everything. I was going to do that and LASIK, but got preggers w/
ds#2. I'm going to try to get both done before dc#3.......
And after I'm all done w/ childbearing, I'm definitely getting a tummy
tuck. Like Jess, I'm wearing my c-section outcropping proudly for
now, but it'll be nice to be nice and flat again!
Lois Ben and Keegan's Mommy
|
|
-
-
01-25-2006, 10:57 AM |
-
01-25-2006, 2:06 PM |
-
momeeboys
-
-

-
Joined on 10-03-2005
-
O'ahu
-
Posts 71
-
Points 1,052
-
|
What a great thread!!! I'm one of those suffering from the post-c/s cliff of overhanging flesh. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one out there. It totally drives me crazy. I love plastic surgery shows, but not sure I'd actually do it. Of course, if I did, it would be for pure vanity (no breathing problems related to overhanging skin ). I'm also a perfectionist, so I think I might not be very happy with the results. And I'm not the young thong-bikini-wearing babe of my youth, either, so it's not like everyone is looking at me. And I'm dealing with it okay for now. Ask me again when I'm finished with kids. Of course, money is a problem too.
Now as for the OP, I'd say go for it. Obviously it bothers you. And it affects your ability to breathe normally. And it's been broken a few times, too. Do weigh it carefully in response to your worries of how it'll affect your daughter, though. I'm a huge proponant of keeping our girls loving who they are regardless of what they look like. They have so much media attention focused on skinny and perfect. They don't need mom adding to the mix. Ultimately, do what feels right for you and your family.
Kristin
|
|
-
01-26-2006, 9:13 PM |
-
SlingMomEsq
-
-
-
Joined on 05-27-2005
-
The Old Dominion
-
Posts 153
-
Points 2,349
-
|
This is totally weird, JoLynda, but I broke my nose too and I am definitely getting it done after all this nursing ends....lol.....it is starting to bother me more as I AGE!
Oh, and the rest of me.....someday I am getting the WORKS!
I am pretty crunchy, but I guess my vanity overtakes it. ![Surprise [:O]](../../../emoticons/emotion-3.gif)
Amazon Wrap Warrior and Mama to three blue eyed baby slingboys :)
|
|
-
01-26-2006, 11:19 PM |
-
01-27-2006, 11:19 AM |
-
juicifroot
-
-
-
Joined on 05-13-2005
-
Houston, TX
-
Posts 278
-
Points 2,936
-
|
Wow! This is so interetsting.
To be perfectly honest, many of your replies have REALLY surprised
me! I guess that I wouldn't consider plastic surgery to go with
the "natural" lifesyles that many of us try to follow.
But I have to agree...completely. I know that I am still very
young (25..and a half!) and that (God willing) I still have several
kiddos in my future. During pregnancy and breastfeeding, my body
belongs to my child. I am proud of my hard-working breasts and my
amazing body that can create and sustain a little life until it is
ready to emerge into the world.
BUT, this time of my life will come to an end someday...and then this
body will once again be MINE ALL MINE (and I'll probably share a bit
with my husband, too ![Wink [;)]](../../../emoticons/emotion-5.gif) ) I would not rule out minor plastic
surgery at all. Breasts might be able to use a boost and my tummy
could possibly use a bit of assistance....as long as it would not place
a great financial strain on my family, I would surely consider it.
It's funny, like Poliana, I also would have said NO WAY a few years
ago. Don't know why I feel a bit differently now. I think
that I can understand that I might "deserve" it after having children,
you know? I think that I would work hard on my own first to make
my body as good as I can make it...but there are truly times when you
can only do so much.
Anywho, definitley good food for thought... perhaps now is the time to
start saving a few pennies here and there *just in case*...
JANICA Parker 10.19.04
|
|
-
01-27-2006, 6:02 PM |
-
sunnyskies
-
-
-
Joined on 07-04-2005
-
-
Posts 47
-
Points 456
-
|
I too have the c/s overhang a bit....it is much worse after my second
birth, even though I had a VBAC. But, I do think it gets better with
time, and exercise.
I do miss my B cup perky chest, lol. I kind of always liked being
small. :-) But I would never, ever get implants...too many problems.
I have never *loved* my nose but I have seen too many nose jobs where
the person's face just doesn't look quite right afterwards, kwim? And
there are just sooo many things that can go wrong during surgery. It
would have to be something terribly important to me to undergo
any surgery.
Probably the only thing I will actually have done some day, is LASIK.
After I am all done having kids and nursing. By then I will probably
need bifocals, lol. But that is not cosmetic, though it is
ertainly optional...AND, I don't think fixing a nose that has been
broken and causes discomfort breathing is 100 percent cosmetic, either.
It is not like you are fixing the nose you were born with, kwim?
Kim mama to 2 boys--a peanut and a preschooler
|
|
-
01-27-2006, 6:09 PM |
-
SlingMomEsq
-
-
-
Joined on 05-27-2005
-
The Old Dominion
-
Posts 153
-
Points 2,349
-
|
ITA with Kim on the implants! I could never put a foreign substance in my body like that....I'd be too nervous.
Now LIFT those babies a little.....ummmmmm......YEAH!
Amazon Wrap Warrior and Mama to three blue eyed baby slingboys :)
|
|
-
01-27-2006, 6:25 PM |
-
01-27-2006, 6:40 PM |
-
jadesopals
-
-
-
Joined on 01-09-2006
-
Phoenix
-
Posts 40
-
Points 683
-
|
i think if its something big that would boost you up in confidence then go for it its not like your trying to make your body look like barbie the doll.
i personaly would go for a breast lift breast feeding 3 had droped my already lg breast lower then i would like them i would even go as far as to reduse my breast size caus well 38 FFF is a heavy size and hard to find size in bras
Jade sahm gypsie momma to sophia divina (1 mo) olivia ani (2YRS) philisha nyjan(6 YRS)
|
|
Page 2 of 3 (37 items)
2
|
|