Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

Rebozos--what do you think?

Last post 02-15-2006, 5:54 PM by Teakafrog. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-27-2006, 4:38 PM 10749

    Rebozos--what do you think?

    As a pouched challenged person--I cannot find the right size for me.  I think I'm between a one and a two.  But who knows since HS sizing seems to vary.  I've tried to make a few of my own, but just can't get the sizing right.  So, I've given up.  BUT, I like the popability of a pouch, so I'm thinking Rebozo--the perfectly adjustable pouch.  RS are good, but I don't feel like dealing the the tail again.  And I want to try something new.

    How has your experience been with rebozos?  Is it a good replacement for a pouch when you're size challenged?


    Kristin
  •  01-27-2006, 6:20 PM 10775 in reply to 10749

    Re: Rebozos--what do you think?

    Try one! :-)

    I like rebozos as exactly what you said--an adjustable pouch, for the hip carry. I don't like adjusting them at all- even with the slip knot. For me a RS is easier and comfy for adjusting over clothing and nursing etc. But a rebozo, when tied just right, is super comfortable, too.

    I think I also prefer ring slings because there are so many more stylish options, IMO. I know what you are saying about the tail, but a rebozo is going to have tails also. With a RS I usually tuck the tail--I don't like a long tail hanging...but I love RS.


    Kim
    mama to 2 boys--a peanut and a preschooler
  •  01-27-2006, 8:54 PM 10797 in reply to 10775

    Re: Rebozos--what do you think?

    That's what I did...got a rebozo length Ellaroo. It worked out great...and it prettier than a pouch because you have the ends that come down. It's more adjustable and just as conveinent as a pouch so I say go for it!

     


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  01-28-2006, 4:23 PM 10847 in reply to 10797

    Re: Rebozos--what do you think?

    I have 2 short didys. I turned 1 into a ring sling and I love it! I have kept the other to play around with it. I found I like the knot on my hip when doing carries like the cradle or kangaroo. It feels nice on my shoulder. Get one and try it. If you don't like it you can always buy rings from slingrings.com. You can do a simple fan shoulder, it is easy to sew and really comfortable.
    Beth
  •  01-28-2006, 9:17 PM 10864 in reply to 10847

    Re: Rebozos--what do you think?

    I would think a didy would make a super comfortable RS.  As a rebozo, though, I think I'd get irritated with that big ole knot!  I'm leaning toward the ER just because the knot is so much smaller and I've been in love with the Maija since forever!
    Kristin
  •  01-28-2006, 11:21 PM 10893 in reply to 10749

    Re: Rebozos--what do you think?

    Pouches don't fit me well either! I have been using a rebozo for a little while and I really like it! I hardly ever adjust it, but I like knowing I can if I need to :) I have a Kristen rebozo, and I love how it looks. Definitely not too much tail.

    The only thing I've found challenging about rebozos is getting the right amount of slack taken in on the rails when tying the knot. I'm much better at it night, but for a while I had to tie it a few times to get it right. And sometimes when it's not tied right, baby can lean back too far or it slips off my shoulder, etc. But when it's good, it's golden!!

    I have a didy rebozo too by the way and highly recommend the ER. The didy rebozo is comfy in theory but the knot can REALLY hurt after a while, especially if it's on a collarbone! Ouch!

    Carrie
    Nathan's Mama, 10/22/04
  •  01-30-2006, 1:03 PM 11024 in reply to 10893

    Re: Rebozos--what do you think?

    I think rebozos are pretty comfy and easy to use. I also like that I can get a perfect fit every time, but they are a little bit of a pain to adjust, especially if you put the knot in the back.

    I prefer ring slings, but an ER rebozo folds up really small, can double as a scarf, and you can also do a rucksack with it. That makes it soooo versatile!

    I think you'll like it!
    SAHM mom to 2 beautiful girls
  •  02-13-2006, 9:33 AM 12073 in reply to 11024

    Re: Rebozos--what do you think?

    I have a 3.2-roughly rebozo that is of unknown origin.  I have owned a maya, made 3 pouches, a MT and most recently a podaegi.  i also have another RS and started with the infamous BB.  i love my rebozo the most.  it is super quick for me to do and long enough that i can do honest rucksacks with my almost 3 year old.  i bought it on diaperswappers third hand and have not been able to find it anywhere.  i think they are well worth the investment.  i don't mind having the tail-i think of it as artistic.  i can do an excellant front carry that is super comfy and ds loves it.  IMO go a head and buy it.  our you can make your own,but i recomend buy because the fabric is wonderful.  if you have more ?? read here Http://www.cs.cmeu.edu/elly  ithink-very informative-she also has posts on TBW under ellyzoe1-julie
  •  02-14-2006, 3:50 AM 12162 in reply to 12073

    Re: Rebozos--what do you think?

    Thanks!  I went ahead and bought an ER Maija for a super deal and LOVE it.  I've only done a HCC and rucksack so far--can't figure out the pouch just yet.  I need just an inch or two more height-wise for me because the tails drag just a smidge.
    Kristin
  •  02-14-2006, 4:15 AM 12169 in reply to 12162

    Re: Rebozos--what do you think?

    I am sooooo not a pouch person, despite trying. I like the idea, even as a carrier to have in the diaper bag.

    But now that I have found the rebozo love, there is no need for me to keep trying and failing with pouches!

    I love them! They fit the the diaperbag so nice and small, and can be used for other things if needed. A scarf, a blankie for dd or my dd's new favorite using it to play peek-a-bo!
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  02-14-2006, 1:04 PM 12218 in reply to 12162

    Re: Rebozos--what do you think?

    you may find the the sailor knot is the easiest. i know it is for me and it is as adjustable as an RS.  you can even adjust your rails.  elly has directions.  it is the same as what i posted ealier but cmu not cmeu.. she has a GREAT demo of it.  well worth the investigating!!!
  •  02-15-2006, 5:54 PM 12349 in reply to 12218

    Re: Rebozos--what do you think?

    If you're having trouble with pouch sizing, then you could try an adjustable pouch. That's what I did. Then when you get it just right, measure, and you can order or make other pouches based on that measurement. But I'm looking for a rebozo too, because I want to try the same thing!
View as RSS news feed in XML