Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

Breastfeeding and AF

Last post 02-17-2006, 2:30 PM by hapahaolegirl. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-14-2006, 9:19 AM 12199

    Breastfeeding and AF

    So I just had AF come back at the end of December (DD was 16 months). I've had two periods so far that have been 28 days long. It's now 30 days into my cycle and still no sign of AF. With the last two I spotted for two days prior to AF's arrival. I've taken pregnancy tests (4 to be exact!) and they were all negative. So now I'm thinking that maybe AF went back into hibernation? DD has been nursing non-stop lately (another tooth is coming in). Is it possible for AF to just go away again?

    I'll test again on Friday if AF is still not here. Just thought maybe someone has gone through this before.

    We are TTC but I would assume that I would see a positive by now.

     

    Thanks!

     

    Kristen

  •  02-14-2006, 10:03 AM 12207 in reply to 12199

    Re: Breastfeeding and AF

    Yeah, it is definitely possible! My cycles usually take a while to regulate, skipping months or having really long cycles. Especially if you increased nursing recently.

    I know someone who had her cycles back, then became a SAHM and increased nursing, and ended up putting the cycles back in hibernation for another six months.

    So, you may skip a month or just have a longer cycle this time.

    With DS1 I wasted a LOT of pregnancy tests :)
    HTH
    Emily
    mom of two boys
  •  02-15-2006, 4:01 PM 12339 in reply to 12207

    Re: Breastfeeding and AF

    I used to be a 26 day cycle lady. Now I vary within 5 day of it. It just started after #3. My dr. said getting older and nursing can really make your cycle be different. The dr. still considered within 5 days normal. It makes we wonder each time. I used to know each 26th day between 8 and 10 a.m. But now it is on its own schedule.
  •  02-15-2006, 10:17 PM 12359 in reply to 12339

    Re: Breastfeeding and AF

    I was every 33 days like clockwork before baby. I'm not even bf and I can't believe how long it is taking to get back to normal in that department. It's been 5 and a half months and I have been on the pill for 4 of those and still I am going like 40 days without AF and then I'll get it for 10 days and then 15 days without and then 2 day with ect. I thought the pill would even that out? Last month I was so late I really was starting to wonder...am I pg again so soon? But with the pill that shouldn't happen! When does it get normal? Or does it ever?


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  02-16-2006, 9:04 AM 12371 in reply to 12339

    Re: Breastfeeding and AF

    Well I'm on CD 32 and still no sign of AF. I was going to wait until tomorrow to test but now maybe I'll wait until Sunday because if I test Friday and I get a BFN I'll just wonder if I tested too soon. If on Sunday it's a BFN I'm just going to assume AF is hibernating again.

     

    Thanks!

     

    Kristen

  •  02-17-2006, 12:44 PM 12477 in reply to 12371

    Re: Breastfeeding and AF

    I tested this morning, it was a BFN. I only looked at the test for a minute though and then went back to bed. I woke up looked at the test again and saw a faint line. None of the other tests had a faint line after an hour but I'm pretty sure it's just an evaporation line.

    I won't test again. I just hope AF comes back again soon so we can start TTC again!

  •  02-17-2006, 1:13 PM 12479 in reply to 12477

    Re: Breastfeeding and AF

    I would test again!  A positive test is a positive test no matter how faint the line is, and  you don't know if it showed up within the timeframe or not. . .

    I had what I thought was the return, but when I didn't get it again I panicked and did a whole bunch of pregnancy tests.   I ended up calling my ob who said that sometimes the lining is still building through all those months of BF and it just needs to clean out, but the cycles haven't actually returned.  Then they did return like 4 or 5 months later.

    Good luck trying to figure out what is going on!

    Stacy


    Stacy
    Mom to Garrett-5yr and Chase-2.5yr. . .Baby due March 8th
  •  02-17-2006, 2:30 PM 12483 in reply to 12479

    Re: Breastfeeding and AF

    Hmmm, now I want to test again! Thankfully I bought 25 cheapie internet tests! I just have to do it without DH knowing. Like I said he thinks I'm nuts for wasting so many tests!

    Maybe I'll wait a week though. In a week if I am pregnant the test should be dark.

     

    Thanks!

     

    Kristen

View as RSS news feed in XML