Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

Wrapping amidst strange looks at Wal-Mart

Last post 02-12-2006, 10:34 AM by Jayna's mama. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-11-2006, 8:01 PM 11988

    Wrapping amidst strange looks at Wal-Mart

    I finally tried my Storch for the first time - I carried DS while I did the shopping at our local Wal-Mart. The strange looks started when I wrapped him up after we walked in the door, and they continued the whole time we were there. But it was so easy, and I didn't have to worry about him touching anything I didn't want him to.

    I was kind of taken aback by all the people looking at me. Would have been better if they were watching their own kids - I saw babies playing with the plastic produce bags, and kids trying to climb out of carts as they were moving.

    What do you do when you get strange looks?

  •  02-11-2006, 9:46 PM 11995 in reply to 11988

    Re: Wrapping amidst strange looks at Wal-Mart

    It Usually I just smile, that way they KNOW I acknowledged the look I got from them but I'm still nice about it. But it seems like the more babywearing you do, the less you notice any strange looks. In fact, I was self-consious about it the first dozen times. Now, I can whip a wrap on in a Wal-mart or Rainbow like no big deal and shop away. My husband, who rarely shops with me points out people staring  that I didn't even notice. But I'll admit, before I had a kid, I would have looked at someone putting their kid in a wrap a little odd too! :)


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  02-12-2006, 12:51 AM 12003 in reply to 11995

    Re: Wrapping amidst strange looks at Wal-Mart

    Just wanted to say "good for you!" Big Smile [:D] I'm glad it worked well for you despite the looks Wink [;)]

    I also just smile when I catch someone staring and they usually smile back. I have had a few moms come up to me and ask ?s so it's worth some stares for the converts I get Big Smile [:D]


    Ann, Full-time mama of 2 crazy kids and a sling'n toddler
  •  02-12-2006, 10:34 AM 12008 in reply to 12003

    Re: Wrapping amidst strange looks at Wal-Mart

    My favorite thing to do is the "wing-em-around- your back" in front of strangers. Really freaks them out!

    Of course Jayna LOVES it and gets this big goofy grin as she is flying through the air, I love when she lets out a squeal of delight.

    I get a lot of interest when i wrap in public. I think people realize how versitle it can be!
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
View as RSS news feed in XML