Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Shop Forums Photos Blogs

I give Logan a bath every night. Is that too much?

Last post 02-15-2006, 6:00 PM by Teakafrog. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-30-2006, 8:39 PM 11072

    I give Logan a bath every night. Is that too much?

    I just use Burt's bee's baby bee buttermilk soap and I wash his hands, crotch, and hair (with BBBB shampoo bar). His skin isn't drying out but is this overkill? I just did it to start that evening routine thing so he would sleep when he was a baby but now he sleeps (mostly). I'm scared that if I stop the everynight bath that he'll not fall asleep. And I can't get it out of my head that he would be more comfy getting cleaned off. Is this too much? How often do other mom's wash their babies?

     


    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  01-30-2006, 9:37 PM 11082 in reply to 11072

    Re: I give Logan a bath every night. Is that too much?

    If you routine is working I say stick with it.
    You have way more energy than I do. I couldn't give my kids a bath every night. Every baby is different. My Dr. said give a baby a bath every 2 to 3 days. This will help keep baby's moist and keep it from drying out. So if his skin is fine I wouldn't worry about it.
    Beth
  •  02-11-2006, 1:55 PM 11966 in reply to 11072

    Re: I give Logan a bath every night. Is that too much?

    We used to do a bath everynight.  Had to switch to every 2 to 3 nights, little guys eczema got so bad for awhile.  Now that he is eating more babyfood I am debating going back to an everynight bath again. 


    Angie
    mom to Taylor (1/95) and Alex (7/05)
  •  02-11-2006, 4:45 PM 11979 in reply to 11966

    Re: I give Logan a bath every night. Is that too much?

    We can't do a bath everynight. Jayna's skin gets to dry. If you are worried that it is overkill, you can do a bath without soap. Just warm plain water would be relaxing enough IMO.
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  02-11-2006, 5:01 PM 11981 in reply to 11966

    Re: I give Logan a bath every night. Is that too much?

    No soap everyother time? Done! I'll try it!
    Ann

    Mommy to Logan 8-25-05
  •  02-14-2006, 2:46 AM 12154 in reply to 11981

    Re: I give Logan a bath every night. Is that too much?

    My boys both have nasty eczema which is under control as long as they only get a bath a couple times a week.  I do wash them down with a cloth before bed, and obviously any outside day that has been a hard day of playing usually winds up with tub time.
    SAHM to Max and Zachary

    Weight Loss: 10 /21 pounds (first 10 %)
    Total of goal: 10/100-only 90 to go :D
  •  02-14-2006, 5:27 PM 12232 in reply to 12154

    Re: I give Logan a bath every night. Is that too much?

    I'd love to give Satori a bath every night. She needs it (she mashes food in her hair and her face, bascially everywhere hehe). But both her and I love giving her bath. When I say bath at night, she excitedly signs it and starts heading upstairs!

    But we give it every other day most of the time, as her skin would get too dry. I also wipe her down with a wet cloth alot.


    Angela
    Mama to Satori (11/04)
  •  02-15-2006, 4:02 AM 12291 in reply to 12232

    Re: I give Logan a bath every night. Is that too much?

    Amelie has eczema, too, so altho she loves her bath, she only gets one 2xs a week, maximum, usually less than that. Altho, the more mobile/solid food eating she gets, the more she needs her baths


    Jasmine, SAHM to Amelie
  •  02-15-2006, 5:02 AM 12292 in reply to 12291

    Re: I give Logan a bath every night. Is that too much?

    We're frequent bathers here.  DS1 spit up all the time so he needed them.  DS2 stays pretty clean, but he's got a sweaty head, so he gets his bath daily.  Even if they were both extra clean kids, they'd still bathe everynight.  They  both have mild eczema.  We use dove on them and lotion 'em up afterwards.  If I was in a colder climate, I might bathe them less, but here, everyday bathing is the norm all around.
    Kristin
  •  02-15-2006, 6:00 PM 12350 in reply to 12292

    Re: I give Logan a bath every night. Is that too much?

    Oh no!  Not us! Jacinta's skin is SO so dry, I only bathe her about twice a week. Of course her hands and face get washed off at every meal, and her bottom gets wiped good with every dipe change. But her skin is so sensitive. She gets slathered with lotion or shea butter a lot more often than that.  With my son, we bathed him more often, as he was messier and his skin wasn't nearly as dry. But she is so different than him! 
View as RSS news feed in XML