Attached to Baby Community Home
Welcome to Attached to Baby Sign in | Join
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos

Ok.. she is nursing now BUT

Last post 02-04-2006, 1:07 PM by haakadoodle. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-25-2006, 3:30 PM 10569

    Ok.. she is nursing now BUT

    I got her eating again. Took some blood sweat and tears.. but now.. she is only wanting the right side during the day and the left at night! Umm can we say rock boobies? Ohh the drama of nursing.

    What is your current nursing issue? Make me feel not so alone....


    Proud mother of Gabriel 4/23/02 and Rebecca 5/13/05
  •  01-25-2006, 4:45 PM 10576 in reply to 10569

    Re: Ok.. she is nursing now BUT

    Can you pump the other breast? Then you will be sure to keep up your supply and release some of the engorgement. HTH.
    JoLynda

    Mama to Jayna 7.10.05
  •  01-25-2006, 9:25 PM 10609 in reply to 10569

    Re: Ok.. she is nursing now BUT

    Issues? I've had nothing BUT issues with my 10 month old!
     
    The latest is that my little guy has had RSV for the past 12 days. Last week, he refused to nurse - AT ALL. He would only take a bottle, and just a few sips at that.  He would literally scream and smack the breast away.  He only wanted to be held, so I had very little time to pump and my supply tanked quickly.  I also am prone to plugged ducts, and managed to have FIVE of them at one time!

    Thankfully, he has started to nurse again on Monday, but now I have a very diminished supply and that makes him crabby.

    Sorry to hear you're having issues too!!!!!!!!!
  •  01-25-2006, 11:24 PM 10626 in reply to 10569

    Re: Ok.. she is nursing now BUT

    Our new issue is that Caleb (12 weeks) keeps pulling off (and hard!) while nursing.  I have no idea where this is coming from.  I take it away when he gets started pulling off, then give it back a few minutes later and that seems to help, but darn...IT HURTS!

     

     

  •  01-26-2006, 7:26 PM 10690 in reply to 10626

    Re: Ok.. she is nursing now BUT

    One word: biting!

    And he's been doing it off and on for months!

    It's a good thing we're all tough, huh?



    Crystal, mama to Nicholas 04/05
  •  02-04-2006, 11:31 AM 11418 in reply to 10690

    Re: Ok.. she is nursing now BUT

    Occ. biting, pulling off...

    Plus, my dd prefers left for day and right at night. Crazy!
    SAHM mom to 2 beautiful girls
  •  02-04-2006, 1:07 PM 11423 in reply to 11418

    Re: Ok.. she is nursing now BUT

    My ds does the same thing. Right side during the day and left at night. Every once and a while, I will say the right is all gone and he will take the left. Babies do some weird thing. I have to say, it has really decrease my supply.
    Beth
View as RSS news feed in XML